Well it is the 2nd biggest day you look forward to when you find out you are pregnant, the first being the obvious, your precious baby's birthday. I was 17 weeks, and my mom, Will and I made our way to my doctor's office in the city to find out i we should buy pink or blue. We all made speculations all the way to the city and everyone was anxious. We could not believe the day was finally here. Our lives had been a whirlwind since we found out, with both of us changing jobs, moving, and a trip to florida thrown into the mix, the time was flying by. We get to the office and my appt. was at 12:30, we got in early though! The ultrasound was wonderful, the tech was very thorough, measuring baby's head, legs, showing us the heart, the kidneys, the liver, the placenta, hands, fingers, feet, everything but what we really wanted to know! She was killing us with the suspense. Since the day I found out I was pregnant I just had a feeling I was having a son, I don't know why, call it a mother's intuition or call it just plain lucky guessing, but I just knew. Will thought so too. We have so many girls on my side of the family though, it was hard to believe that I may actually have a boy. Everyone was keeping their collective fingers crossed. Finally the tech (whom I must say, was none to thrilled about all the excitement we brought into the room) said, would you like to know what it is? and of course it was a resounding yes, and she said, well, there's HIS penis......... just like that....... with just as straight a face as if she had said something like, "we started another war in the world today" Then she was not so impressed with Will's touchdown dance that he debuted for everyone to see. All I could do was laugh and look at my baby boy on the screen. My first thought was well, I've known this the whole time, I don't know why I was shocked. But I was shocked. I just thought it was a boy, but in the deepest part of me, I thought maybe it was just wishful thinking or something. I knew Will wanted a boy so bad, and bless his heart had spent the whole trip up there that day talking himself into a girl. My mom already has 2 grandkids, one of each, so her response was she just wanted a healthy baby. I knew my nephew Gehrig would be ecstatic since he only has one little boy cousin out of 10 cousins....... We left that day with some great pictures of our son. It was so great to not call him an IT anymore.
Is This Real?
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment