On 4th of July weekend, we made our usual trek to the lake. We finally got the whole crew ready and made our way to hang out at the beach for a day of fun in the sun, socializing, swimming, etc. there were so many people with our crew it took 3 boats to get us all out there, but we made it. after all the preparation time, and the trip over, we got there got on our rafts got drinks, books, frisbees, lifejackets for floating, sun screen, sun glasses, beach toys for the kids..... you name it we had it. Jeremy and Will were fishing and I decided to join in, so Will rigged me up a pole and I began to fish, it wasn't 10 minutes into fishing and had hooked the big one, man was I excited, Will and Jeremy were exicted too, they were yelling, keep the rod tip up, keep pressure on it, get him get him! I reeled and reeled and fought and fought. Finally the end was in site, and I just knew it was huge! Well, it was a huge, Goggle Fish....... yeah, you heard me right. I had caught a wonderful set of goggles that someone had lost probably in prehistoric times. I just laughed, and then my nephew (who is five) loving looks at me and says, Aunt Story, you're supposed to catch a REAL fish, like my daddy and Uncle Will. Thank you Gehrig for you infiinite wisdom and honesty! Well out of nowhere a storm rolled in on top of us, and t was time to get the heck out of dodge. It was lighting all around, campers where losing their tents, Mika, John Wingard and little Abbey almost got taken out by a rouge air mattress (not a floating raft mind you, but an acutal air mattress from a tent that someone had been sleeping on) were it not for John's cat like reflexes, little Abbey would have been knocked to kingdome come. we were alot faster getting out than we were getting there. That's for sure. It was a rough boat road back we got soaking wet with rain, and John even got struck by lighting! Yeah, that's right! He's alright though. I was just hoping that my little Dillon didn't have brain damage from all the bumps! We all made it back safely, and it's truly a miracle.
Well, since Will and I had both changed jobs, it had allowed us to have some unforseen time off, so we made an impromptu trip right before I started my 3 trimester to see Will's family in Florida. We were so excited. This would mean fishing on the Gulf of Mexico, whipping butts in rummy, seeing Matt and Alexa's precious baby boy Brayden, and just catching up with everyone if only for a precious week. We could not wait. We made it safely, and I learned that flying during pregnancy was no different than flying not pregnant, (even though this was not my first time to fly pregnant, in this first 6 months). We made it to the Gulf and I scalloped for my first time, and we got a little fishing in. It was a shame that mother nature did not quite cooperate with our fishing trip, but oh well, it was still good fun with my wonderful in-laws. Then we went to sneads to meet Brayden and pay a visit to Alexa and Matt, we also go to to participate in Will's cousin Emily's birthday party, we had a lot of fun. We made it back to Oklahoma on Sunday, Aug. 3rd and I had 4 days til I had to report to my new job at Stonewall.
Is This Real?
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment