Saturday, September 13, 2008

August, 2008, New Job, Great First Impressions

So after my four days off from our return from Florida, it was time to get to work. Teacher inservice started on August 7th, at 9:00 a.m. I was soooooo excited about my first day that I lasted all of 45 minutes at it. Let me explain...... We were all to gather in the cafeteria at Stonewall for our first of several meetings that morning. When I say "WE" I mean everyone in the whole school. Everyone that is affiliated or on the payroll at Stonewall was there. I was sitting at a tabl chumming it up with my new colleagues, and all was going great. Then we had the annuities portion of our meeting. This is when things took a turn for the worse. It wasn't that the guy was boring or anything like that I was just suddenly not feeling well. I was feeling all weak, and shaky. I started trying to get a little more comfortable in seat, course we are talking about lunch room tables, so there are no backs or anything. Then I was looking at the speaker and all of a sudden I could not hear anything he was saying. I could see him, and see his mouth moving, but other than that I felt like I was in a tunnel. Then the next thing I know, there was about 6 people leaning over me asking me if I was with them, if I was okay, I had no idea what had happened. Lo and behold, I had passed out in front of EVERYONE on the first day. They had called the ambulance, I got to ride to Valley View Labor and delivery, I was there for about 15 mintues, when Will arrived, and then Mika arrived shortly after, they monitored me for the better part of the day, I had no contractions, no dilation, nothing like that. I was finally released, and was told that any number of things could have made this episode happen. Maybe my blood sugar bottomed out, maybe the baby was laying on something wrong and cut off blood flow, to my important parts, maybe I hadn't had enough water, maybe I hadn't had enough protein, who knows. I'm doing great now, and have had no more episodes even remotely close to that, but needless to say, I'll never live down my first day as a teacher at Stonewall High School.

0 comments: