Saturday, September 13, 2008

March, 2008, To move or not to move? that is the question

Well, as if the Maxwell's needed anymore changes in their life, things were about to get alot more interesting.....

So as you read below, we had just found out we were having a baby. Will and I were living in Mustang, and we were working together on a government contract for the Chickasaw Nation. We had always said that we would love at some point to move back to Ada to be around my family or to move back to Florida to be around his. Now we were not planning on doing this anytime soon really, we had just bought a new house. So the plan was to be out of the city by the time our first kid started pre-school. So you're thinking that gives us a good 4-5 years right?!?!? WRONG! An incredible opportunity showed itself to Will in Early March. He was offered a job to work at the Vo-Tech in Ada, this included a raise to move to Ada (which we didn't think possibe) a chance to be arond family, and a chance to get back to small town living. Sounded to good to be true, but to good to pass up. These are the kind of jobs that you don't get until someone retires or dies, so it was a must do. There was a problem however, I didn't have a job, and we hadn't sold our house in the city. So what do we do?!?!?! Well, I had to stay behind in Mustang for a little bit, and Will moved to Ada. Thanks a million to family and friends who helped us out during this time. The plan would be I would join Will in Ada when I A. got a job, or B. we sold our house, whichever came first. So we put the house on the market Will moved to Ada, and I stayed. When we first started dating he was living in the city and I in Ada, so it was just like old times, except now we had been married 2.5 years and I was 8 weeks preggers....... Through a sheer stroke of luck, on April 22nd, I was offered a job in Ada. I knew it was not something I wanted to do forever, or maybe not the ideal situation, but it would get me back with my husband and that was the goal for both of us, so I accepted a job at an accounting firm in Ada, and we lived in Ada during the weeks and at our house in Mustang on the weekends. We always thought that getting jobs in Ada would be the hardest part about moving here, but that is not the case. I'll explain in following blogs! Stay tuned

0 comments: