June was just another month for us. I was slaving away at the accounting firm, hating every minute of it, Will was happy and loving his job at the Vo-Tech. The good thing that I can say is that I reflected back on my pregnancy to date, (I was arond 20 weeks) and I thought I could not have had an easier pregnancy than what I was having so far. I had had NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, morning sickness praise the Lord, I had only gained 11lbs, HALLELUJAH! Everything was going swimmingly. We were still in our little house with none of our own things, but we were together and we loved each other and loved admiring my baby bump. that was slowly getting bigger, and bigger. We had decided on a name, Dillon James Maxwell. Dillon is Will's grandpa's first name, and James was my dad's first name. We love the name and love the sentiments. Will and I were both named after people in our family so it's only fitting. By this time, Dillon had started to move around in his little home a lot and we got a kick out of feeling him all the time. It's an absolutely amazing experience.
Gehrig's T-Ball team was in full swing and we made it to all but one game. It was a fun time and he made vast improvements from last summer, even though his little team was not very good.
We spent a lot of weekends at the lake, and found a place we would like to have, but oh yeah, we don't even have a real house to live in, so I guess a lake house is out of the question for the time being.
The end of June brought some excitement and sadness all at the the same time. While on a trip to the city for business with the accounting firm, I got a call. (side note, last year I completed all of my alternative teaching certifications and have been waiting for a good time to get into teaching). The call was from a long time friend and mentor of mine telling me about an opportunity that was going to be coming open for a teaching job in my field at Latta....... WHAT!?!?! you are kidding me! what an opportunity. I jumped on it as fast as possible. I would be close to my house, I would be going home to my alma mater, I know a bunch of the kids, I know a bunch of the teachers, it would be teaching exactly what I want........... Well, snap back to reality, remember the saying if something sounds to good to be true it probably is?? Well, this is one of those cases. I thought I was a shoe-in, no so much. They hired someone else. I was beyond devastated. How could that happen? Wouldn't they want one of their own? However, the next day I interviewed for the recently vacated job of the person that accepted the job at Latta. it went really well, course I was very guarded because I felt the same way I did when I left the Latta interview. After two weeks of waiting, I was offered the High School Business and Computer job at Stonewall.......... I turned in my 2 weeks notice at the accounting firm, (they took it better than I expected) and I was a happy girl.
Is This Real?
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment