Friday, January 2, 2009

The Maxwell's Year in Review......

Okay, so I realize I started this in September, and a lot has happened since then. Some people have become concerned that I have not updated my blog with all the goings on, and with good reason. So here it goes, one blog to catch everyone up and hopefully I can keep this thing updated from here on out. 


In September I recapped the year to date, so I'll start this one from September til the present. 

the post that is before this one, I realized I typed up on Oct. 5th, and never published, so I went ahead and published it, this sets the tone for what would prove to be a very exciting time. So on Tues. Oct. 7th, I went o my doctor's appointment, I was dilated to a 1+ and was still just 50% effaced. We had already set our date for induction, so it was pretty much a formality for me to go. My doctor whom I love dearly says, "whatever you do don't go into labor this weekend, because I'm going out of town to go to OU/Texas game....." then she laughs, and says, "I don't anticiapte anything happening though so you should be good." Boy, I had no idea how fateful those words would be. Because this seemed to be just a formality, Mika attend
ed this visit with me while my mom and Will, were at our OKC house packing stuff up since we were going to be moving into our new house in Ada. After the appointment I went back to the house and was packing boxes of dishes and things that were not to heavy for me to be doing. We got everyting packed up and headed back to Ada. We dropped all the trailers off at the new house and decided to wait until Wednesday to unload the trailers. So Wednesday we head over to the new house and unpack, the living room, everything in the kitchen, the washer and dryer bathroom stuff and our bedroom stuff. All of Dillon's things were already in his room just waiting for him to come on the 16th. On Thursday we had our last child birth class, my mom attended this with me since Will had a conflict and could not come. Friday, Oct. 10th, we worked, then went over to my grandma's for some dinner. After dinner, Mika, Ge
hrig, Abbey, mom, grandmommy, Will, and myself were going to go to my mom's house and pack up the last of the things that we had there to take to the new house, and we were going to stay our first night there! We were so excited. We got there at 6:00 pm and started packing. I very clearly remember saying, "don't worry about keeping Will's and my clothes separate, we'll figure that out when we get to the house, just throw them all into whatever bag and let's get this done." (another fateful saying) At 8 pm (two hours later) we were all packed and ready to go. We had 3 vehicles loaded down and 7 people. Will was in his truck, I was going in my car, and my grandma was riding with me, and my mom, mika and the kids in Mika's car. I get into my car and I feel a little like, I peed myself or something, I didn't think much of it as anyone who has ever been pregnant realizes that when you are 37 weeks, this is not a rare occurence, so I went ahead and climbed on in, and felt a little more, well this time something triggered in my head and I jumped out of the car, and when I did, I felt this GUSH!!!! and I said, "
we're not going anywhere, my water just broke!!!!" I start running back up the sidewalk to the house and the reality of what I have just said has hit everyone, so they start running back to the house. At this time I realize that Will doesn't know what's going on and is pulling out of the drive way, I say, "stop Will!" So Mika takes off running and flags him down and says Story's water broke. Well, apparently 4 child birth classes did not have much effect as my husband says, "okay, and that means?" Mika says, "that means you have to go the hospital RIGHT NOW!" So he throws the truck in park, and runs into the house, I'm changing clothes, and mom and mika are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Will took this time to say, " ALRIGHT! every body calm down...." and when he had everyone's attention, he said, " WHAT DO WE DO?!?!?!"  It was quite humorous. Remember earlier when I said "thro
w all the clothes together, it won't matter" yeah, this is where it comes back to bite me. I had all of Dillon's stuff packed and had had it packed for about 3 weeks. I didn't have any of my stuff packed. My mom says, where are your clothes?" then we all realize that all the clothes have just been packed in random bags in random cars, so Mika, Will and Mom go to the cars and bring in all the bags we just packed and start throwing them open and throwing clothes all around. They said, okay you've got a bag packed, and so does Will so take off. (It wasn't until I got to the hospital that I understood just how random everything had been packed, it's amazing to see what people will pack you when they are under pressure). Well, all of Dillon's stuff was at the new house, 15 minutes away. So Will, mom and I load up in my car and head to OKC, Mika takes the kids and grandmommy to the new house to get Dillon's bag, then Mika dropped the kids off at Roger and Debbies, took Grandmommy home, and was on her way to meet 
us at the hospital. We get checked into the hospital at 10pm on the 10th. The check to make sure that my water really is broken (and it was) and I get checked in. Well, we thought we had 5 more days, and we had lots of plans for those days, like I was going to get my hair cut, Will was going to take me out for a steak dinner the night before, we were going to buy a video camera, not to mention we were still moving into our new house...... They hooked me up the machines, and I was only having contractions every 20 min or so, and I could not feel them. So they had to hook me up to pitocin.  From 10pm-4am my labor was pretty uneventful, it wasn't very painful at all, but it was really uncomfortable, and I was trying to sleep so I was getting shots of nubain every hour on the hour. At 5am I was only dilated 3-4 and the nurse said, "you can have your epidural now if you'd like" I said, "I think I'll wait one more hour, I've been doing really good with out it." She said, "alright I'll be back about 10 til 6 to check on you." Well
, that last hour was UNBEARABLE, the nubain wasn't helping at all, and 6 could not get here fast enough. I got the epidural and slept til 9am. at nine am I was dilated to a 5. (Side note: for anyone keeping track the date is now Oct. 11th. Don't know if anyone realizes this but that is OU/Texas.) So I've been kidding with the doctors saying, he has to be out by kickoff..... lol. so at 10:30 she comes and checks me (another side: this is a doctor I've never met before because my doctor said whatever you don't go into labor cause I'm going to be at OU Texas....) she says, alright let's do it......  Will was like RIGHT NOW?!?!?!? She said yep, let's have a baby. I said, alright turn the TV on ABC so in case I'm not done pushing I won't miss kickoff at 11. Well, at 10:45 I was cleaned up, and Dillon was here. I only pushed for 11 minutes total. He weighed 7lbs. 10 oz., and was 19 inches long. it was the most amazing thing I've ever done or b
een apart of and Will and I both cried at the sight of our beautiful baby boy. When my induction date was set, I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought that he would come before the 16th...... he surprised us all. I must say that this made for a much more interesting story than if I would have just went in and got induced. We stayed in the hospital until Monday the 13th and then we brought him home. We were so paranoid on the drive home, Will wouldn't even drive the speed limit at first, and every car that came close he said, if you hit this car I'm going to beat you up..... it was so cute. So since we left Ada in such a chaos, I wasn't sure what we'd come home to since our first night in our new house was going to be with our brand new baby, but we
 have WONDERFUL family and friends, and Jeremy and Aaron had moved all the rest of the stuff into the house, Debbie had stocked our kitchen and fridge with food and drinks, and our sunday school class brought us dinner the first two nights we were home. We are truly blessed.  Well the next few weeks was us adjusting to being new parents, and it was wonderful, and hard all at the same time. babies are a lot of work, we loved every minute of it. 



Okay, So November rolled around and e were pretty much in our routine with Dillon, and we were anxiously awaiting his cord to fall off of his belly button. They said it would take 7-10 days, well, we were on day 22 and it still hadn't come off. The doctor said that my cord was really thick which was good for two reasons, one cause the the thicker the cord is the more nurishment the baby is getting, and also, my cord had a knot in it when Dillon came out. If the knot had gotten tight Dillon would have died. Since my cord was thick, it didn't get tight........ Thank you Lord for protecting my precious baby. I still go crazy when I think what might have happened. We celebrated Dillon's first Thanksgiving, and he wore his camo just like his daddy did. This also marked the time that Dillon started smiling on a regular basis......


Then came December and Dillon's two month appointment and his first set of shots. At two months he weighed 12lbs 5.5 ozs and was 24 inches long, he had doubled his birth we
ight and grew 4 inches. He's such a big boy! We were anxiously awaiting our Christmas trip to Florida. We drove, and I was worried about how the 18 hour trip would be on a two month old baby, he handled it like a champ, I on the other hand was a pain in the butt and do not travel well in the car. Will said he would take Dillon to Florida again, but the jury was still out on me......lol. 



We made it to Florida and stayed 11 days. It was a great trip, and we had so much fun with Nana and Papa, and Dillon's first Christmas. 

Dillon did come home from Florida sick though. When we got back I had to take him to the doctor. It was the 31st, and he now weighed 14 lbs. 8 oz. so he had gained over 2 lbs in 2 weeks...... WOW! Dillon has bronchitis and has a lot of congestion in his chest so we are giving him breathing treatments every four hours. 

I had a bittersweet feeling bout Christmas this year, I did not want it to get her to be over, usually I can not wait. This time however, Christmas coming and going means that it is time for me to go  back to work and leave my precious little bear.... So it is with a heavy heart that I return to work on Jan. 5th.... UGH!!!!!!! I have seen several students on and off through out the break though and they miss me and are ready for me to come back so we'll see. I only have til May so it will be a fast semester. (I hope) 

0 comments: