Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Searching for a lesson, Let Go and Let God!

If you've been following my blog at all, then you know the current state of Will's and mine's position concerning our house in Oklahoma city. Here recently we have dropped the price of the house drastically hoping that it will entice some one to buy it. Our house has been on the market for 11 and a half months. If you know anything about real estate, that is a LONG LONG time. We have had two realtors, both of whom promised it would take 30-90 days for our house to sell, well, for those keeping count, we are on day 338. That is a little more than 30-90. Now you might wonder why I am saying all of this. There is simply one reason for this blog. It's about God and his timing. God has his own timing, and most of the time it is not in our time. Through this time I have realized that there is a lesson, or thing that God is trying to teach me. Rather it be about patience, or trusting in him, or having faith that he has everything in the palm of his hands, or all of the above, I don't know. I figure that when I do realize what the lesson is that that is when our house will sell. Maybe it's simply because the house we are intended to buy has not become available yet here in Ada. Or maybe it's because we were never meant to move to Ada in the first place and we are going to learn that the hard way. I know that my God is a caring and just God. Along with us moving to Ada, so many things have been made available to us, like great jobs, an affordable rent house, and many other things for me to believe that this IS where he intends for us to be; however he is tarrying on the last and final piece. That is where the problem comes from. I have had a hard time letting this go. My husband however, has been handling this problem with flying colors, which leads me to believe that this is a less on for ME personally from God, and the sooner I can let go and let God, this will be over. I need to realize that the situation is out of my hands. There is absolutely NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING that I can do myself that will change the outcome of this situation. For some reason I can not and have not grasped this concept. Usually Will and I are polar opposites on this. I am the voice of reason and he is the one that is quick to react....... However the other day we were talking about this, and as this year has gone on, it has weighed heavier and heavier on my mind. I don't kow if it's the constant reminder from the news that our economy is failing that the housing market is in shambles....... or what, but like I said, as the year has worn on, It has place a heavier and heavier burden on my shoulders. In response to me feeling this way I told Will, "Honey, I can not believe that you are not freaking out about this situation. How can you remain so calm?" He very confidentally said to me, "It's because there is absolutely nothing I can do about this situation, it is out of my hands. I have a peace about it because it's not my problem." WOW! How come I can't get there? I don't get it. I'm glad one of us is at peace with it though, I can't imagine if we both felt how I am feeling right now. We have had everyone praying for us in this situation, and I hope that Everyone will continue to pray for us, and this situation. I can not help but believe that God has an awesome plan for this, I refuse to believe an differently. Now, I just need to work on the being patient part, and the releasing control. I know as soon as I can find a peace about it and stop fighting it that's when God will work. I believe that is the lesson here. He is saying, "Story, you do not have to have this burden, I've provided for you this whole time. I will not let you down now. LET ME HAVE IT!" When I can do that, this will be over. So how come it is taking me so long?

In the meantime I have sought solace in looking up quotes and inspirations about timing..... here are some that I thought were good.


“One of the great disadvantages of hurry is that it takes such a long time.” G. K. Chesterton

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.


“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
Albert Einstein


“Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough.”
George Bernard Shaw


“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Henry Van Dyke


“The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.”
Abraham Lincoln


“Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.”
Earl Nightingale


“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”
Oprah Winfrey


Those are some secular sayings, I want to touch on what the Bible says about timing. God knows what He is doing. His delays are always purposeful. When we dare to live by His timing, great things happen. I have learned that trust requires us to accept that some questions will be unanswered and to place our times in God's hands-believing that even though we do not know all the answers, He does. He has a perfect timing for all things in our lives. We all desire and believe for good things to happen in our lives, NOW not later! As we continuously mature in the Christian life, we learn to believe for things not NOW but in God's perfect timing. Hebrews 11:1 says, “NOW faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” We can always have faith now, but we cannot always have the manifestation now. Trusting God often requires not knowing how God is going to accomplish what needs to be done and not knowing when He will do it. We always say, “God is never late,” but He is generally not early either. Why? Because He uses those opportunities to stretch our faith in Him, and we grow during times of waiting.

God's timing is always perfect. ALWAYS! When we can realize that we can realize his greatness.

0 comments: