Yesterday, we had Dillon's four month appointment. He weighs 17.5 lbs and is 24 1/4 in long. I will say that I just KNEW he would be 20 lbs, and I was wrong. He is still a chunky butt though. At his 2 month appointment he weighed 15.5 lbs, and was 24 in long. So, he has gained 2 lbs, but only grown 1/4 inch. Dr. Mettry asked me all the milestone questions, "Does he jabber?" I said, "yes, all the time." "Do his eyes follow you?" "Yes." "Has he rolled over from belly to back?" DUM DUM DUM......... I answer a sheepish, "No. We haven't mastered that yet. He doesn't even seem to be interested in trying either." Dr. Mettry said, "Well, I like my babies to roll over from belly to back no later than 5 months, and from back to belly by six. However, if Dillon doesn't do that by five months, then I won't be alarmed, and I'll show you why." Then he brings over his growth chart and says, "This is why." "See, out of 100 boys Dillon's age, he is only taller than 25 of them , BUT he is heavier than 90 of them....., so sometimes my "big guys" don't do everything like that on time." We laughed because I said, so you're saying he's fat, or over weight?" he said, "well, not necessarily, we'll just call him "big guy" that sound better than saying he is FAT." I was just laughing. My little boy is a chunky monkey, and he is absolutey precious and perfect! Other good news is that he gets to start eating baby foods, cereal, and drinking juice. So last night we gave it the good college try with some peas, he liked it for awhile, then he got fussy and just wanted his bottle, but all in all I think it was a successful try. Here are some pics. He had Peas............Yummy!
Is This Real?
9 years ago







0 comments:
Post a Comment